Russian Visa - application form and requirements
for Canada passport holders only
The following requirements have to be met for obtaining a Visa to Russia:
ATTENTION APPLICANTS ATTENDING SOCHI 2014 GAMES!
In addition to the regular set of documents outlined below, provide copies of one of the following documents:
Spectator Pass, Event Ticket, Receipt for Event Ticket purchase.
- Valid passport (Valid at least for 6 months from the projected departure date from Russia & min. 3 empty pages)
- On-line Russian visa application form. All fields are required to be filled out. If you need help use this detailed manual on how to fill-out Russian visa on-line application form. After completing on-line form, print it out on the front and back sides of a single sheet of paper, sign and send/bring to our office along with the credit card authorization, Application ID forms as well as other documents as per requirements below.
IMPORTANT NOTE! $35/applicant + tax surcharge will be applied to your total bill and processing will be delayed by 2 days if you choose to bring/send us the off-line form or incomplete/incorrectly filled-out on-line form.
- A letter from the applicant, explaining the purpose of the trip, dates of travel, where the individual will be staying and any other persons traveling with the applicant. If applying for the expedited processing the itinerary showing the urgency must be provided.
- One color photo against white background (35mm X 45 mm (1 3/8’’ X 1 3/4’’)). Photos may be taken at any of our offices.
(fee $10) If you are not visiting our office and prefer to courier your documents please, strictly follow Detailed requirements of Russian visas photos.
- Copy of the overseas emergency medical insurance policy valid for travel to Russia if you are not a Canadian or US citizen.
- Non-Canadian applicants must provide the copy of the document confirming their current resident status in Canada (PR Card, Landed Document, Work Permit)
- Persons with dual citizenship, one of which is Canadian, must apply with their Canadian passports only.
- Due to Russian Embassy rules we are not able to serve applicants with Afghan passports or Afghanistan as a country of birth.
- Former citizen of the USSR or of the Russian Federation emigrated from the USSR or from Russia, must submit: one of the documents which confirms that they are no longer citizens of the Russian Federation (so called "Visa to Israel" or stamp in their passport saying that they left for "permanent residence abroad" before the February 6, 1992, or Landed Document with lading date before February 6, 1992, or official document certifying that their Russian citizenship was abrogated), otherwise the applications will not be accepted.
- For double-entry tourist visa: applicant's copy of flight itinerary clearly showing double entry into Russia from bordering country only is required
- For travelers younger than 18 years old the following additional documents are required:
- Certified true copy of the birth certificate on which the parents full names are clearly indicated. (We may do certification if you provide/bring us the original (additional charge of CAD35 applies));
- Travel consent from both (if child is traveling alone or accompanied by someone else) or one of the parents, who is not travelling with the child (if traveling with the other parent). Consent must be certified by notary or commissioner. (If the signatory is visiting one of our offices, we can certify the signature (additional charge of CAD35 applies));
- Copy of parent(s) passport(s). If one of the parents is a holder of Russian passport, then copy of Russian (not Canadian) passport must be provided;
- Requests for business visas processing will be on-hold if received earlier than 45 calendar days before the date of entry indicated on the application form.
- In some cases Russian Embassy or consulate may request the applicant to appear for the interview.
- There must be not less than 3 business days period between the date of tourist visa release by the consulate and the supposed date of entry into Russia.
- By Russian law all foreign travelers require to register after entry into Russia. Click here to know how to do Russian visa registration.
- NOTE Want to check if you prepared your Russian visa application documents correctly? Click on the following link: Russian visa pre-screen service and send us your file for quick evaluation.
1000 Finch Avenue West
Suite 900, North York, ON
3601 HWY 7 East,
Suite 1005, Markham, ON
1 Rideau Street,
Suite 704, Ottawa, ON
601 West Broadway
Suite 400, Vancouver, BC